Belgium - BVBA Company Incorporation
Belgium Key points
- Time - only 2 weeks to incorporate your company
- Cost - a Belgian company will cost £3240
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your BVBA company
- Directors - Belgium requires the director to have educational or professional qualifications
- Shareholders - only one shareholder required, of any nationality
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is €18,550
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
The Besloten Vennootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid (BVBA) is the most popular and suitable company for incorporating in Belgium. The BVBA is a type of company which closely resembles the Private Limited Company. The most important features of the BVBA are limited liability and the shareholders' liability corresponds to their capital investment and the limited transfer of shares.
Documents and Information
To start incorporating your offshore company in Belgium, we require the following:
- Your Company Name
- The Directors' full name, date of birth, address and nationality
- Shareholders' full name and address
- The objects of the company, specifying the the principal activity
- The amount of capital and the number of shares subscribed to each member
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity. Either passport, National Identity card, photographic driving licence
- Proof of residential address. Gas / electricity bill or credit / debit card bank statement dated within the last 3 months
- The director must submit a signed business plan with a degree or high school diploma. This should be approved by the notary before incorporation.
- A financial plan, which should include information about how the initial investment, share capital covers the needs of the company for the first two years
Incorporating an BVBA
Deposit initial capital and obtain standard certification confirming that the amount is held in a blocked capital account. Deposit a financial plan with the notary. The financial plan contain a description and justification of the amount of the initial capital and must show that the initial capital will cover the operations of the company for at least the first two years. Publish notice in the Belgium Official Gazette. Register the deed of Incorporation with the Register Office. File with the Local Commercial Court (Tribunal de Commerce/Rechtbank van Koophandel). Register with the Register of Legal Person, VAT and social security and obtain a company number.
The registrar's office will automatically register the company with the Register of Legal Person and issue a unique identification number. The VAT number can be requested directly from the local VAT Administration or can be handled by the centralised company docket. The company must register with the social insurance fund for self employed persons within three months of incorporation.
- A BVBA must maintain a registered office in Belgium
- The minimum share capital is €18,550, two thirds of which must be paid up on incorporation if there is one shareholder and a third each if there are 2 shareholders
- The shares of a BVBA are in registered form and their transfer is limited, a BVBA only needs one shareholder and may be an individual or a corporation
- Registration of a company in Belgium requires the director to have a professional qualification