Incorporate a International Business Company IBC in the British Virgin Islands
After you have submitted the company name of your IBC to us, approval can be obtained within several hours. You can carry out a free name check now using our Company Name check service. Your company name can be in any language and must contain the word Corporation, Limited, Incorporated, Societe Anonyme or Sociedad Anonima or the abbreviation Corp, Ltd, or Inc.; certain words are prohibited such as names suggesting the patronage of any government or country. Using our online service the checking process takes less than 30 minutes, and a name may be reserved for 10 days.
We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a certificate of incorporation will be issued and your new company is incorporated. The general time scale for a full incorporation is two days although, as the Registrar's office is automated, incorporation can sometimes be done within 24 hours.
Formacompany has over 20 years’ experience forming companies in the BVI and across the world, and our staff will be available to offer advice and support through the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name through to finally commencing taxable activities.
What you need to set up a Limited Company/ International Business Company (IBC) in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
To begin incorporation of your BVI IBC we will require the following:
- Your company name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
Documents you are required to provide:
- Certified proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence)
- Certified proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last three months)
- All IBCs must have a registered office and a resident agent. The registered office must be a physical address in the BVI as it is where documents may be legally served on the company; an office and a suitable agent is included in our Standard Company Formation Package.
Shares and Share Capital requirements
- There are no minimum share capital requirements
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency
Ready Made Companies
- We have shelf companies in the BVI currently available, with standard Memorandum and Articles designed to permit most general activities; making it possible to commence business at very short notice. Our ready made companies are in good standing, are not the subject of any insolvency proceedings and have not entered into any contracts or engaged in any business activities.
What it costs to set up a Limited Company/ International Business Company (IBC) in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
A BVI company will cost £1045
What you receive after setting up your new business
- Minutes of the first inaugural meetings
- Copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Share Certificates for each shareholder specified, plus two blank certificates
5 Advantages to Setting up a Limited Company/ International Business Company (IBC) in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
- The BVI is the most popular offshore jurisdiction. International Business Companies (IBCs) in the BVI enjoy favourable business regulations, a prosperous economy and a stable political situation.
- Incorporating in the BVI provides the benefits of offshore legislation. A BVI IBC is a limited liability company that conducts its trading and business outside of the BVI and is intended for offshore activities; modern offshore legislation provides maximum flexibility in global asset protection, tax and investment planning.
- An IBC in the BVI requires minimal infrastructure. A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to incorporate a company in the BV, these can be of any nationality and need not be resident in the BVI. Corporate shareholders are also permitted.
- A BVI IBC is exempt from local taxes and provides extensive confidentiality for the directors and shareholders. All IBCs are tax exempt and ensure extensive confidentiality for the directors and shareholders; this means the names and addresses are not stored in the BVI public record and are not available for public inspection.
- Incorporating a limited company in the BVI is extremely quick. It only takes two days to create an IBC in the British Virgin Islands.
Important Information about Incorporating a Limited Company/ International Business Company (IBC) in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
- The BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs has an advanced electronic name reservation system and is capable of registering foreign language Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere, the shareholder can be a person or a corporation and there is no upper limit to the number of shareholders. The share register may only be inspected by a shareholder. Nominee shareholders are permitted and we can provide this service.
- The only documents required to be filed at the Registry of Corporate Affairs are the incorporation documents which include details of the registered office and registered agent.
- There are no requirements for preparing and submitting company accounts or filing annual returns.