Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in the British Virgin Islands
BVI Key points
- Time - only 2 - 3 days to incorporate your company
- Cost - a BVI company will cost £970
- Directors - only one director of any nationality
- Shareholders - only one shareholder of any nationality
- Share Capital - there is no minimum share capital requirements
- Accounts - no requirement to file accounts or financial statements
- Tax - an IBC is exempt from tax on income generated outside the BVI
- Company Name - can end in Ltd, Inc, Corp, SA
- Confidential - the names of the directors and shareholders do not appear on public records
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
First, select a name for your Offshore IBC company.
- Your offshore IBC company name will have to end in Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Sociedad Anónima, Société Anonyme or their abbreviations Ltd. Corp. Inc. S.A. to indicate the limited liability of the shareholders.
- A company name check can be carried out to see if your company name has already been registered.
- We can reserve your company name with the registry for up to ten days.
- You are not be allowed to use a name which is either identical or deceptively similar to one that is already used by another company in the BVI
Ensure the availability of your company name by using our company namecheck service.
Determine the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- Share capital can be denominated in any currency
- Shares may be issued with or without par value
- No need for authorised share capital
- No restriction on a company purchasing its own shares
- No specified minimum paid up capital
Appoint the directors of your company.
- Directors may be of any nationality
- Your company only requires one director
- The names of directors do not appear on public record
- There is no requirement to appoint a local director
- Directors and shareholders meetings need not be held in the BVI
Choose who will be the shareholders of your offshore BVI company.
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere.
- Your company only requires one shareholder, although there can be several.
- A BVI IBC can have either registered shares or bearer shares.
Choose a registered office within the British Virgin Islands for your company.
- A BVI registered office is required for your company
- Formacompany can provide this service.
View all our BVI formation fees, including additional services you may require by clicking Formation Fees
BVI - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?
+44 1372 750800Contact Us