Florida Company Registration - Limited Liability Company - LLC
- Time - only 3 days to incorporate your company
- Cost - a Florida company will cost £760
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your corporation
- Shareholders - only one shareholder is required
- Share Capital - there is no minimum capital requirement
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
There are two structures:
- The Limited Liability Company
- The Corporation
A Limited Liability Company is a business entity combining some of the attributes of a corporation with the status of a partnership.
Any entity that transacts business in Florida as a limited liability company is required by Florida Statutes to file an application for authorisation with the Division (a State Organisation) and pay the filing fee. If the founders are in doubt about any requirements, it is useful to take professional advice.
All limited liability companies must file a uniform business report with the division each year and pay the filing fee.
The company does not have standard company statutes. We supply a company kit with a standard operating agreement which can be adapted and then adopted.
Registration details containing the following information
- The name of the limited liability company, which must end with the words limited liability company or limited company or their abbreviation L.L.C, LLC or LC
- The mailing address and the street address of the principal office of the limited liability company
- The name and Florida street address of the limited liability company's registered agent. The registered agent must sign and state that he is familiar with and accepts the obligations of the position
- If the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers, a statement that the limited liability company is a manager-managed company
When a Corporation would be the best model
- If you are trading in the US, you may be subject to self-employment tax on LLC earnings, which you would not be, if you were trading and earning money through a corporation
- If you are trading in a number of states, be aware that some states do tax LLCs as companies, even though the Federal government does not
- You may be better off having a Corporation for one-off transactions. Since an LLC is considered a partnership for Federal Tax purposes, be aware of federal legislation for LLCs. If 50% is sold within a 12-month period, the LLC will crease to be a partnership for federal tax reasons
We can check your proposed company name online in a few minutes.
It is a requirement to have a Registered Agent. Usually someone from the company will act as the Registered Agent provided that they have a street address in the state of incorporation, we can appoint a Registered Agent for you if required.
Articles of Incorporation
The Articles of Incorporation is a document filed with the Secretary of State to form the corporation. The documents specifies information such as the company name, address, registered agent and office, number of authorised shares and Directors details.
There are no restrictions on the ownership of a C corporations but, with S Corporations the shareholders must be US citizens/residents.
The shareholders are the owners of the corporation. The owners can be individuals or corporate (Corporation, LLC or other entities).
The Directors of the Corporation are appointed by the shareholder to represent the shareholders interests and to approve major corporate decisions.
The Officers of the Corporation are the President or CEO, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Officers are appointed by the Directors. The job of the Officers is to run the company and manage the day to day operations. In most states one person can hold all of the Officer Positions.
Can One Person be the Shareholder, Director and Officer
Yes one person can hold all of the above positions and it is not uncommon with small closely held corporations.
Federal Employer Identification Number - EIN
The Federal Employer Identification Number is also known as the Fed ID, Tax ID, Federal ID Number and or Employer ID. The Federal ID Number is a 9 Digit number similar to a Social Security Number. The Fed Id is issued for businesses so that they can file Tax Returns and open Business Bank Account.
- We specialise in online Florida Incorporations and LLC services.
- We submit your application and ensure your Florida Incorporation process runs smoothly for you.
- The State of Florida has no Personal Income Tax.
- Florida S corporations are not taxable entities.
- Florida S corporations are not required to file state income tax returns.
- Shareholders, Officers and Directors do not have to be listed.
- No minimum capital requirements.
- Complete Privacy regarding who owns or runs the corporation.
A corporation is a legal entity, created by statute with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of an individual; possessing the attributes of limited liability, management through a central body, perpetuity and free trade in shares
A for profit corporation is a corporation created for the purpose of conducting business in the widest sense of the term.
A limited liability company is a entity combining some of the attributes of a corporation with the association tax status of a partnership.
Incorporation Timescale in Florida
Your application will be submitted to the State of Florida within 24 hours. Once your application is submitted to the State of Florida, it normally gets processed within 4 days.
The State of Florida will then grant your Corporation an active status and mail your articles and Certificate of Incorporation to us the next day.
- We complete the Florida Articles of Incorporation
- Within 24 hours the State will have filed your Articles and we can give you your confirmation number
- Your new Corporation will be incorporated in 3 days
- The State of Florida will then email your Articles and Certificate of Incorporation to us the next day
Employer Identification Number
All banks require that you have a Employer Identification Number (referred to as EIN or Tax-ID) to create a bank account under your corporate name. We can provide the necessary forms for you with detailed instructions.
A Registered Agent for the Corporation is someone with a physical address in Florida who will be responsible for receiving documentation or notice for the Corporation. If you do not live in Florida you require a Registered Agent in the state.
Home Address as your Corporate Address
P.O Boxes are also acceptable for this address. Many corporations use a home address and then later file an amendment to change the address to their new location.