France - Société à Responsabilité Limitée Company Incorporation
France Key points
- Time - only 4 weeks to incorporate your company
- Cost - a French company will cost £3060
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your Sàrl company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder of any nationality, is required
- Shareholders - shareholders may be either individuals or corporate bodies
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is only €1
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
Documents and Information
To incorporate your company in France we require the following:
- Your proposed company name
- Companies objects - a brief description of the intended activities of your company
- One director and two shareholders are required for a Sàrl
- The names and addresses of the directors and shareholders
- Copy of the passports of the directors and shareholders
- Details of the marital status of any shareholders, including names of spouses
Incorporating your French Sarl
- Check your company name with the Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle
- Due Dilligence and drafting of the company documents
- Bank Account Introduction and share capital deposit
- Company’s incorporation at the court
- Upon receipt of the Certificate of Incorporation (Kbis) the bank account is activated
- Liaising with Tax office to activate the VAT number
All companies incorporated in France have to register for VAT, we can as part of the incorporation service register your company for VAT which can take up to 4 weeks.
Under new regulations, the appointment of a French Chartered Accountant is now compulsory as only French CPA can do eReturns for VAT and Annual Accounts.
All non EU residents are now required to apply for the government authorisation if they want to open a SARL in France, this includes applying for an extract of criminal record which needs to be officially translated into French by a certified translator.
France is very liberal about which company names are allowed.
All départements in France have a register of company names and so most company names are allowed so long as it is not used by another company in the same département and so long as the name is not against public policy.
We will check your chosen company name with the the Register of the Commercial Courts and the Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle free of charge.
- Only one director is required
- Directors may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere
- There is no requirement to appoint a local/resident director
- The minimum number of shareholders in an Sàrl is one
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere
- Shareholders may be either individuals or corporate bodies
- No annual general meeting of shareholders, if less than 25 shareholders
A company in France must have a Registered Office, we can provide a registered office service in France.
A written agreement by the owner of the property authorising the specific use of the address for the Registered Office of the company must be supplied to the French company registrar.