Gibraltar - Limited Company Incorporation
Gibraltar Key points
- Time - only 5 days to incorporate your company
- Cost - a Gibraltar company will cost £660
- Directors - only one director of any nationality is necessary for your company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder is required
- Share Capital - the standard authorised share capital is only £2000
- A Gibraltar company must appoint a company secretary
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
Gibraltar companies are widely used for holding property, trading and re-invoicing activities, and to act as investment holding companies. The incorporation of a Gibraltar company normally takes 5 days from the time of the order being placed. Additional certification (Notary and Apostille) may take another 2 to 3 days.
Company formation can be undertaken within 5 days, unless more complex memoranda and articles are required.
Incorporating your Private Limited Company (Ltd)
We will prepare your Memorandum and Articles of Association and other mandatory documents required to register your Gibraltar company. We pay the capital duties and registration fees, and the documents will then lodged with the Gibraltar Registrar of Companies. We will also provide you with a Registered Office and resident Company Secretary for your Gibraltar company. These services are mandatory in order to comply with the minimum local presence rules.
The set of corporate documents for a Gibraltar company will always include: the original Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, First Minutes (showing all appointments of officers and allocations of shares), copy of the Declaration of Compliance, Share Certificates. Additional documentation may include share transfer forms or declarations, special powers of attorney, additional corporate resolutions.
Your company name can be in any language, as long as the relevant translation is approved first. Your name will need to end with Ltd or similar. Certain words are prohibited, such as names suggesting the patronage of any government or country. The company name approval process takes less than thirty minutes.
- A director can be of any nationality
- The names of directors appear on public record
- Only one director is required
- There is no requirement to appoint a local resident director
- The shareholder can be any nationality
- Only one shareholder is required
- The shareholder can be a corporation
- Nominee shareholders are allowed. Formacompany can provide a nominee shareholder
- There is no requirement to appoint a local resident shareholder
All Gibraltar companies must appoint a resident Company Secretary, who may be an individual or corporate body.
The standard share capital is GBP £2000. Greater amounts can be agreed, with small increases in the payable share capital tax. There is no minimum share capital, and the authorised share capital may be expressed in any currency.
There is no minimum issued share capital, but two shares must be issued, and these must have a nominal value.
You must have a registered agent and registered office in Gibraltar, and Formacompany provide these services. The statutory books of the company must be kept at the registered office of the company.