Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in Gibraltar
Gibraltar Key points
- Time - 5 days to incorporate your company
- Directors - only one director of any nationality is necessary for your company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder is required
- Share Capital - the standard authorised share capital is only £2000
- A Gibraltar company must appoint a company secretary
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
Select the company name for your Private Limited Company (Ltd)
First, select a name for your company.
- Your company name may be in any language.
- Your company name will need to end with Ltd or similar.
- A company name check can be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered.
- We can reserve your company name for up to ten days.
- Having submitted the name of your company to us, we obtain approval from Companies House Gibraltar.
- Ready made companies are available, please review their advantages on our Ready Made page.
- You are not be allowed to use a name which is either identical or deceptively similar to one that is already used by another corporation.
Select the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- The standard share capital is GBP £2000.
- There is no minimum share capital.
- Share capital may be expressed in any currency.
- There is no minimum issued share capital, but two shares must be issued, and these shares must have a nominal value.
- Monies do not need to be paid into an account for the shares.
Decide who will be the directors of your company.
- A director can be of any nationality
- Only one director is required
- There is no requirement to appoint a local resident director
Select who will be the shareholders of your company.
- The shareholder can be any nationality
- Only one shareholder is required
- The shareholder can be a Corporation
- Nominee shareholders are allowed. Formacompany can provide a nominee shareholder
- It is not a requirement to appoint a local resident shareholder
All Gibraltar companies must appoint a Company Secretary, which we will provide.
An address in Gibraltar is required for your registered office and we will provide this service.