Hong Kong - Ltd Company Incorporation
Hong Kong Key points
- Time - only 10 days to incorporate your company
- Cost - a Hong Kong company will cost £1240
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder required who may be either an individual or corporate body
- Shareholders - 100% foreign shareholders allowed
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is only HK$10,000
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- A Hong Kong company must have a company secretary this can either be an individual or a limited company
Private Limited Companies
Most companies operating in Hong Kong are private limited companies.
Time to Incorporate
Incorporation of a Hong Kong company takes around 10 days however ready made companies are also available.
Only one director is required and there are no restrictions on nationality or residency. Incorporated Companies can also act as a director. There is no requirement for board meetings to be held in Hong Kong. The sole director cannot be the secretary of the same company.
Only one shareholder is required. Shareholder meetings do not have to take place in Hong Kong. Nominee shareholders are allowed and anonymity can be achieved by the use of our nominee shareholder service.
A Hong Kong company must have a company secretary this can either be an individual or a limited company. If the secretary is an individual, they must be a resident in Hong Kong. If the secretary is a corporate body, then its registered office must be in Hong Kong. Our incorporation fee allows for a resident company secretary.
Separate classes of shares with different rights to dividends are permitted, subject only to any restrictions in the company's Articles of Association.
Annual General Meeting
Hong Kong companies are regulated by an Ordinance based on UK company law. Apart from tax related matters, the only other compliance requirement is that an Annual General Meeting is held within 18 months of incorporation, then at least once every year thereafter to receive the accounts and to elect/appoint officers.
Ready Made Companies
Hong Kong ready made companies with standard Memorandum and Articles designed to permit most general activities are available making it possible to commence business at very short notice. Our ready made companies are in good standing, are not the subject of any insolvency proceedings and have not entered into any contracts or engaged in any business activities.