COMPANIES ACT 1963 - SECT 116 Register of members.116.—(1) Subject to subsection (4), every company shall keep a register of its members and enter therein the following particulars:—
( a ) the names, addresses and occupations of the members, and, in the case of a company having a share capital, a statement of the shares held by each member, extinguishing each share by its number so long as the share has a number, and of the amount paid or agreed to be considered as paid on the shares of each member;
( b ) the date at which each person was entered in the register as a member;
( c ) the date at which any person ceased to be a member.
(2) The entries required under paragraphs (a) and (b) of subsection (1) shall be made within 28 days after the conclusion of the agreement with the company to become a member or, in the case of a subscriber of the memorandum, within 28 days after the registration of the company.
(3) The entry required under paragraph (c) of subsection (1) shall be made within 28 days after the date when the person concerned ceased to be a member, or, if he ceased to be a member otherwise than as a result of action by, the company, within 28 days of production to the company of evidence satisfactory to the company of the occurrence of the event whereby he ceased to be a member.
(4) There the company has converted any of its shares into stock and given notice of the conversion to the registrar of companies, the register shall show the amount of stock held by each member instead of the amount of shares and the particulars relating to shares specified in paragraph (a) of subsection (1).
(5) Subject to subsection (6), the register of members shall, except when it is closed under the provisions of this Act, be kept at the registered office of the company, so, however, that—
( a ) if the work of making it up is done at another office of the company, it may be kept at that other office; and
( b ) if the company arranges with some other person for the making up of the register to be undertaken on behalf of the company by that other person, it may be kept at the office of that other person at which the work is done.
(6) The register of members shall not be kept at a place outside the State.
(7) Subject to subsection (8), every company shall send notice to the registrar of companies of the place where its register of members is kept and of any change in that place.
(8) A company shall not be bound to send notice under subsection (7) where the register has, at all times since it came into existence or, in the case of a register in existence on the operative date, at all times since then, been kept at the registered office of the company.
(9) Where a company makes default in complying with any of the requirements of subsections (1) to (6) or makes default for 14 days in complying with subsection (7), the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be liable to a fine not exceeding £100.