Malta - Company Incorporations
Malta Key points
- Time - only 1 week to incorporate your company
- Cost - a Malta company will cost £2890
- Directors - only one director of any nationality is required
- Secretary - a company secretary is required
- Shareholders - two shareholder required who may be either individuals or corporate bodies
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is €1,200
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- In order to acquire a bank account in Malta you must have a Maltese resident director which we can provide
An International Holding Company (IHC) is a company resident in Malta incorporated with the objective of holding overseas investment and distributes the income to non-residents.
We can incorporate an International Holding Company for you in Malta and assist in the local compliance for your Malta company secretary and directors and provide the registered office address for your company.
Documents and Information
To begin incorporation of your IHC company we will require the following:
- Your Company Name
- The Director/s full name, date of birth, address and nationality
- The Shareholder/s full name and address
- The objects of your Malta company - the main business activity of the company must be provided in order to formulate the
objects clause of the Memorandum of Association
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity. Either passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence
- Proof of residential address. Gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last 3 months
A Maltese company must have at least one director, they may be an individual or corporate body and do not need to be resident in Malta.
A minimum of two shareholders are required who may be corporate or individual. The personal details of a Maltese company’s registered shareholders are public information.
The maximum number of shareholders for a private company is fifty. The minimum number of shareholders is normally two; however a single member company may also be registered under the Maltese Companies Act.
A single member company is a private limited liability company, which qualifies as an exempt company and which is incorporated with one member. Certain exemptions allowing for a single member company to be incorporated do apply.
Non-resident shareholders of IHC's qualify for a full refund of the Maltese tax paid by the company on profits and gains arising from participating holdings when profits are distributed.
A Maltese company must appoint a company secretary who, is responsible for keeping the statutory books. We can provide this required service for your Malta company.
It is the duty of the directors to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the company secretary is an individual who appears to them to have the requisite knowledge and experience to discharge the functions of company secretary.
Every Maltese company must maintain a registered office in Malta, we can provide this service.
Any changes to the company's registered office must be notified to the Registrar of Companies.