Besloten Vennootschap BV - Private Limited Company
Netherlands Key points
- Time - 5 days to incorporate your company
- Directors - only one director of any nationality is required for your BV company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder is required
- Share Capital - there are no minimum share capital requirements
- A visit to the Netherlands is not required to finalise the formation
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
A sole shareholder’s name will become a matter of public record, however if more than one shareholder is appointed, the details regarding the identity of the individual shareholders are kept private.
De Besloten Vennootschap in oprichting - BV i.o.
Before the company is incorporated, it can conduct business and enter into contracts. However, the company is not yet recognised as a distinct legal entity. Whilst in the establishing stage, the shareholders are still personally liable for all actions undertaken by their company:
In the initial stages, the company enters a state of becoming incorporated. This state is known as in oprichting. Typical reasons are the desire to enter into contracts, renting an office, and setting up a bank account. The BV does not become a legal entity until it is registered by a notary.
- Notarised application forms.
- To register as a BV, there are no minimum share capital requirements
- The Articles of Association specify the conditions according to which the company is to be incorporated, including the statutory name, company address, objectives, value of the shares and details regarding the rights of the Management Board and shareholders. The notary formalises these documents.