The Seychelles - Company Incorporation
Seychelles key points
- Time - only 2 days to incorporate your company
- Cost - a Seychelles company will cost £480
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary
- Shareholders - only one shareholder of any nationality, is required
- Share Capital - there are no minimum share capital requirements
- Accounts - no requirement to file accounts or financial statements
- Tax - a Seychelles offshore company is exempt from all taxes
- Confidential - the names of directors and shareholders are not held on any public record in the Seychelles or disclosed to the Seychelles government
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
The Seychelles offer a wide variety of financial services, including offshore banking, investments and insurance. The inexpensive International Business Company (IBC) is the most popular corporate entity and can be used for many purposes with few limitations. The International Business Company IBC is the most widely used vehicle for offshore operations in The Seychelles. The governing legislation is the International Business Companies Act 1994.
Documents and Information
To incorporate an offshore company in the Seychelles we require the following:
- The name of the company
- Name and address of the directors
- Name and address of the shareholders
Incorporating an IBC
After you have submitted the name of your IBC to us, approval of the company name can be obtained within several hours. We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a certificate of incorporation will be issued and your new company is incorporated. The general time scale for a full incorporation is two days, although the Registrar's office is automated, which enables incorporation to be done within twenty four hours.
Your company name can be in any language as long as the relevant translation is approved first. Your name will need to end with Ltd, Corp, Inc, GmbH or similar. Certain words are prohibited such as names suggesting the patronage of any Government or country. The name approval process takes less than thirty minutes, and a name may be reserved for 10 days.
- Directors may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere.
- Only one director is required.
- The names of directors do not appear in public records.
- There is no requirement to appoint a local resident director.
- The director can be a person or a Corporation.
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere.
- Only one shareholder is required. This can be the same person as the director.
- No upper limit to the number of shareholders.
- Nominee shareholders are allowed. Formacompany can provide this service.
- The shareholder can be a person or a corporation.
There is no minimum share capital required and the capital may be expressed in any currency.
You must have a registered agent and registered office in the Seychelles and Formacompany provide these services.
Features of a Seychelles International Business Company
- Your company name may be in any language.
- Your company name will need to end with Ltd, Corp, Inc, GmbH or similar.
- Accounts records need not be filed with the registrar.
- No minimum share capital requirement.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are the only documents held on the public record.
- An IBC also has the major benefit of being highly confidential.
- The Seychelles IBC is 100% tax-exempt, making it the ideal vehicle for trading purposes or for holding and managing private assets.
- An IBC is not liable to declare neither income or account information, or submit a return for taxes.
- Ownership of property in the Seychelles is not permitted although an office may be leased.