Turkey Free Trade Zones
Free trade zones are sites within Turkey deemed outside of customs territory which offer a more convenient business climate is offered through certain tax exemptions and various other incentives. There are 21 free trade zones in Turkey.
All kinds of business activity may be carried out here from banking, insurance, manufacturing, general trading, storing and packing. The zones offer office space or warehouses to rent with attractive terms, while investors are free to construct their own premises.
- Exceptional access and ability to sell to the large domestic Turkish market
- Low cost of labour and land in the free trade zones
- Free international revenue and earnings transfers
- Low income/corporate tax
- No VAT on special consumption taxes
- Foreign trade free of legal restrictions
- Freedom to use any convertible foreign currency
- No customs duty required on imported goods
- Easy access to the Turkish ports
- No bank transaction taxes
- No restrictions on the quality and price of products
- Unlimited foreign capital involvement in investment
- Modern, attractive and spacious business premises with a good and ready infrastructure
- Lockouts and strikes are forbidden
- No limitations on the amount of time a product can remain in the free trade zone
- All advantages available to all firms regardless of origin
Operating in a Turkish Free Trade Zone
Once we have incorporated your company we will obtain an Operating Licence from Undersecretariat for Foreign Trade Directorate General of Free Zones.
There is an application fee of US$5000, which is refundable if your application is found to be ineligible for Free Trade Zone trade.
The Operating License stands for any period of time between 10 and 30 years.
Free Trade Zones in Turkey