Converting a Private Limited Company - Ltd to a Public Limited Company - PLC
A private limited company may re-register as a PLC, the private company must pass a special resolution and deliver a copy together with an application form to the UK Registrar of Companies. The resolution must:
- Change the company's memorandum to state that the company is to be a public limited company
- Make any other alterations to the Memorandum of Association so it conforms to the requirements of a PLC
- Make the required alterations to the Articles of Association of the company
The application must be on Form RR01 , be signed by a director or the company secretary, and accompanied with the following documents:
- Copy of the special resolution that the company should re-register as a public limited company (unless previously delivered)
- A printed copy of the articles as proposed be amended
- Copy of a balance sheet prepared not more than seven months before the application date and containing an unqualified report by the company's auditors
- Auditors written statement in relation to section 92(1)(c) of the Companies Act 2006
- Copy of the auditors unqualified report
- Valuation report on any shares issued as fully or partly paid up except in cash after the balance sheet date
- Statutory declaration confirming that the resolution has been passed, and that there has been no change in the company's financial position causing its net assets to be reduced to less than its called up share capital and reserves
Registration of a Private Limited Company to a Public Limited Company
The company applies to be re-registered as a public company by the name of: ____________.
And for the purpose delvers the following documents for re-registration:
- A copy of the special resolution that the company should re-register as a public limited company (unless previously delivered)
- A printed copy of the articles as proposed to be amended.
- A copy of the auditors written statement in relation to section 92(1)(C) of the Companies Act 2006.
- A copy of the relevant balance sheet. The balance sheet must be made up to a date not more than 7 months before the date of this application.
- A copy of the auditors unqualified report.
- If applicable, a copy of the valuation report in accordance with section 93(2)(a)of the Companies Act 2006.
- If there is no company secretary appointed, a statement of the company's proposed secretary in accordance with section 95 of the companies Act 2006 needs to be completed.
- Submission of the APO1 appointment of the second director
UK - Company Formations & Company Documents
- Company Formation
- Company Formation Order
- Ready Made Company
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- Overseas Clients
- Company Registration
- Advantages of A Limited Company
- Limited Company Structure
- First Meeting Directors
- Company Secretary
- Branch Office
- Certificate of Non-Trading
- Company Search
- Company Documents
- Prices & Fees