Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in Austria
Select the company name for your GmbH
- The name of the company must end with GmbH to denote limited liability
- A company name check can be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered.
- We can then reserve your GmbH name for up to ten days.
- You are not allowed to use a name which is either identical or deceptively similar to one that is already used by another corporation.
Select the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- The minimum share capital of a GmbH is €35,000
- Only €17,500 of the total share capital must be paid up before registration.
- There are no share certificates in an Austrian company.
- Valid transfer of the ownership of shares is only possible by means of an assignment before a notary.
Decide who will be the directors of your company.
- Directors may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere.
- Only one director is required. Although there may be several.
- Directors can be residents or non-resident.
Select who will be the shareholders of your company.
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere
- Only one shareholder is required. This can be the same person as the director.
- Shareholders can be residents or non-resident
- Corporate shareholders are allowed.
Select a Registered Office
A Austrian registered office is required for your company and Formacompany can provide this service.