How to Incorporate an International Business Company (IBC) in Belize
After you have submitted the proposed name of your IBC to us, approval of the company name can be obtained within several hours. Company names in Belize may be in any language but they must be unique and must end with Ltd, Corp or Inc, you can carry out a free name check now using our Company Name check service[T1] ; once approved, a name may be reserved for 10 days free of charge. We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a Certificate of Incorporation will be issued and your new company is incorporated.
Formacompany has over 20 years experience forming companies in Belize and across the world. Our staff will be available to offer advice and support through the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name through to finally commencing taxable activities.
What you need to set up an International Business Company (IBC) in Belize
To begin incorporation of your Belize IBC we will require the following:
- Your company name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence).
- Proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last three months)
- All IBCs must have a registered office and a resident agent. The registered office must be a physical address in Belize as it is where documents may be legally served on the company; an office and a suitable agent is included in our Standard Company Formation Package>[T2] .
Shares and Share Capital Requirements
- The standard share capital for a Belize IBC is $50,000 USD. However, only one share of the share capital must be issued and paid up. Your company’s share capital can be issued in any currency.
- There are no minimum share capital requirements.
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency.
- The annual government fee is only $100 when the authorised share capital is $50,000 or less.
Ready Made Companies
- We have shelf companies in Belize currently available, with a standard Memorandum and Articles designed to permit most general activities; making it possible to commence business at very short notice. Our ready made companies are in good standing, are not the subject of any insolvency proceedings and have not entered into any contracts or engaged in any business activities.
What you receive after setting up your new business
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Original share certificates
- Original government receipt as evidence of payment of annual company registration and license fees
Advantages of Registering an International Business Company (IBC) in Belize
- Incorporating in Belize provides the benefits of offshore legislation.A Belize International Business Company (IBC) is a limited liability company that conducts its trading and business outside Belize and is intended for offshore activities; modern offshore legislation provides maximum flexibility in global asset protection, tax and investment planning.
- A Belize IBC is exempt from local taxes and provides extensive confidentiality for the directors and shareholders. All IBCs are incorporated under the Belize International Companies Act which holds them exempt from tax and ensures extensive confidentiality for the directors and shareholders; this means the names and addresses are not stored on public record in Belize.
- Belize is the only Commonwealth country in Central America. All the documents are filed in English.
- A Belize IBC requires minimal infrastructure. A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to incorporate a limited company in Belize; these can be the same person, can be of any nationality and need not be resident in Belize. Corporate shareholders are permitted.
- Incorporating a limited company in Belize is extremely quick. It only takes two days to create a Belizean IBC.
Important Information about Incorporating an International Business Company (IBC) in Belize
- No company secretary is required.
- Disclosure of the beneficial owners is not required.
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere, the shareholder can be a person or a corporation and there is no upper limit to the number of shareholders. The share register may only be inspected by a shareholder. Nominee shareholders are permitted and we can provide this service.
- No statutory accounting or audit records need be kept or filed in Belize.