BVI Business Companies Act, 2004 PART XV
TRANSITIONAL AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
244. (1) The Executive Council may, on the advice of the Commission, make regulations providing for the formation, management and operation of limited liability companies and to provide for connected and consequential matters.
(2) Regulations made under subsection (1) shall be subject to a negative resolution of the Legislative Council.
245. For purposes of determining matters relating to title and jurisdiction but not for purposes of taxation, the situs of the ownership of shares, debt obligations or other securities of a company is in the Virgin Islands.
246. (1) A company may, without the necessity of joining any other party, apply to the Court, by summons supported by an affidavit, for a declaration on any question of interpretation of this Act or of the memorandum or articles of the company.
(2) A person acting on a declaration made by the Court as a result of an application under subsection (1) shall be deemed, in so far as regards the discharge of any fiduciary or professional duty, to have properly discharged his duties in the subject matter of the application.
247. A Judge of the High Court may exercise in Chambers any jurisdiction that is vested in the Court by this Act and in exercise of that jurisdiction, the judge may award costs as may be just.
248. The transitional provisions set out in Schedule 2 apply.
249. (1) The Executive Council may, on the advice of the Commission, by order amend the Schedules to this Act in such manner as it considers necessary.
(2) An order made under subsection (1) shall be subject to a negative resolution of the Legislative Council.
250. The enactments set out in the second column of Schedule 3 to this Act are repealed or amended to the extent specified in the third column with effect from the date specified in the fourth column.
251. This Act is binding on the Crown.