BVI Company Search & Documents
To order company documents, please enter your details, select the documents and delivery method, and click to order.
As company incorporation agents, our relationship with the Registry of Corporate Affairs in the British Virgin Islands allows us to obtain company reports and copies of official documents held by the registry on any registered IBC.
Under the BVI Business Companies Act 2004, companies are not required to file: accounts, details of directors, shareholders, register of charges or annual returns.
BVI Company Search Report
The contents of a BVI company search report will include:
- Company Name
- Name Change if applicable
- Company Number
- Date of Incorporation
- Company Type: private, plc, nfp
- Current Legal Status: in Good Standing, Struck Off
- Type of Incorporation: Re-registration, New Incorporation
- Share Capital
- Authorised Share Capital
- Bearer Shares - if the company has theability to issue Bearer Shares
- Class of Shares
- Number of Shares Issued
- Registered Agent
- Registered Office Address
- Date of last licence fee payment
- Register of Mortgages/Charges filed at the BVI Registry (if filed at the Registry)
- Register of Directors (if filed at the Registry)
- Register of Members (if filed at the Registry)
- Register of Charges (if applicable)
- The date if struck off (if applicable)
- List of company filings - including date, transaction number, description of filing, status, general filing
- Certificate History - including type of certificate, transaction number and date of filing
Timescale: 2 - 3 business days
BVI Certificate of Good Standing
We can supply a Certificate of Good Standing from the Registrar of Corporate affairs certifying that the company is in Good Standing.
The certificate resembles the Certificate of Incorporation and is required to formally confirm the company's continued legal existence and that all administrative requirements were followed.
The Certificate of Good Standing will not be issued if there are overdue fees or penalties due and the status will need to be restored.
Certified Copies of Official Company Documents
We can obtain certified copies of official company documents direct from the registry for any BVI company, provided the company is in Good Standing.
Certified documents available:
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association / Company Statutes
A certified document is where the Registry of Corporate Affairs stamps the document to verify its authenticity.
Timescale: 2 - 4 business days
Apostilled Company Documents
A certificate is issued by the Deputy Governor's Office, which certifies the authenticity of the document.
The following documents are complete with certification (legalisation) from the Deputy Governor's Office:
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Certified copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation
This involves the addition of a certificate attached to the document which verifies:
- Country of origin of the document
- Name and identity of the signature - capacity in which a document has been signed
- Official seal
- Place, date and document number
Timescale: 10 - 14 business days
BVI Registered Agent
A BVI company is required to maintain certain records and documents at the office of its Registered Agent, but there is no public right to inspect these documents:
- Register of Directors
- Register of Shareholders
- Copies of all notices and documents filed with the Registrar of Corporate Affairs in the last decade
A company must also keep other documents including:
- Minutes of members' and directors' meetings and copies of resolutions
- Financial records sufficient to show and explain the company's transactions
Order Company Documents
To order company documents or a company search, please complete the form below. We aim to respond to you by email within a few hours of your request. If the document is not listed, please specify which document you require.
BVI - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?