Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in Estonia
Estonia Key Points
- Time - 3 weeks to incorporate your company
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder of any nationality, is required
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is €2500
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- No tax, until distribution of profits
- At least one half of the management board of your company must be resident in EU member countries
We are a specialist in Estonian company incorporations, we can incorporate your private limited company (OÜ) company for £1280. The company formation procedure normally takes 3 weeks and we have a stock of ready made companies.
Timescale to incorporate an Estonia OÜ
It takes 3 weeks to incorporate your company and you do not have to visit Estonia.
Documents and information required for an Estonia OÜ company incorporation
To incorporate your OÜ company in Estonia we require the following
- Details of the shareholders (see Estonia Company Incorporation for further details)
- Your desired business name
- The Estonian company address, we can provide you with a registered office if necessary
- The amount of share capital you wish to invest; the minimum is 40,000 EEK - €2500
- The personal details of the management board members - names, addresses, and personal ID codes, those without ID codes can provide a date of birth
- Communication details for the company, this can be an email and phone number
Ready made company - OÜ
We have a stock of ready made companies in good standing and they can be transferred the same day at the notary's office.
The management board is the directing body of the company which represents and directs the companies activities. It can be made up of one or several members and members do not have to be shareholders. At least one half of the management board of the company must be resident in Estonia, any other EEA member country or Switzerland.
A director can be of any nationality. However, at least one half of the management board must be in Estonia, any other EEA member country or Switzerland.
The names of directors do not appear in public records
Minimum number of directors
Only one director is required, however, at least a half of the members of the Board of Management must be permanent residents of the Republic of Estonia.
The residence of at least one half of the members of the management board must be in Estonia or any other EEA member country or Switzerland
There is no requirement for a company secretary
Shareholders can be any nationality
Minimum number of shareholders
Only one shareholder is required
A shareholder can be a Corporation
Nominee shareholders are allowed. Formacompany can provide a nominee shareholder
It is not a requirement to appoint a local resident shareholder
The names of directors do not appear on public records
Capital & Financials
Share capital for a private limited company must be at least 40,000 EEK. If the share capital exceeds 40,000 EEK then the company must have an auditor.
Maintaining company records in Estonia?
The company does not have to keep records in Estonia. If the company chooses to keep records they can be kept anywhere in the World.
Accounts or financial statements filing
There is no requirement to file accounts or financial statements