Hong Kong - Company Incorporation
Hong Kong Key Points
- Time - 10 days to incorporate your company
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder required who may be either an individual or corporate body
- Shareholders - 100% foreign shareholders allowed
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is only HK$10,000
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- A Hong Kong company must have a company secretary this can either be an individual or a limited company
Timescale to incorporate a Hong Kong Company
7 days to obtain the Certificate of Incorporation then 2 days to obtain the Business Registration.
The process is we will file for incorporation to obtain the Certificate of Incorporation then the director and the shareholder are required to sign these documents and return the originals to us for filing and to obtain the Business Registration Certificate.
What information must I provide?
To incorporate a company in Hong Kong we require:
- The company name
- Name and address of director
- Name and address of shareholder
A director can be of any nationality
The names of directors appear in public records
Minimum number of directors
Only one director is required.
There is no requirement to appoint a local resident director
There is a requirement for a resident company secretary
Can the shareholder be a corporation?
Can nominee shareholders be used?
Can the share capital be issued in other currencies?
What is the standard share capital?
The standard capital is HK$ 10,000. If you want to register a higher capital, then there is a capital tax of 0.1% applying to the capital.
Is the company taxed on profit from income generated outside of Hong Kong?
Is an audit required?
Does the company have to maintain books and records in Hong Kong?
The company records can be kept anywhere in the world.
Hong Kong - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?