COMPANIES ACT 1963 - SECT 143 Registration of and obligation of company to supply copies of, certain resolutions and agreements.
143.—(1) A printed copy of every resolution or agreement to which this section applies shall, within 15 days after the passing or making thereof, be forwarded to the registrar of companies and recorded by him.
(2) Where articles have been registered, a copy of every such resolution or agreement for the time being in force shall be embodied in or annexed to every copy of the articles issued after the passing of the resolution or the making of the agreement.
(3) A copy of every such resolution or agreement shall be forwarded to any member at his request on payment of one shilling or such less sum as the company may direct.
(4) This section shall apply to—
( a ) special resolutions;
( b ) resolutions which have been agreed to by all the members of a company, but which, if not so agreed to, would not have been effective for their purpose unless they had been passed as special resolutions;
( c ) resolutions or agreements which have been agreed to by all the members of some class of shareholders but which if not so agreed to, would not have been effective for their purpose unless they had been passed by some particular majority or otherwise in some particular manner, and all resolutions or agreements which effectively bind all the members of any class of shareholders though not agreed to by all those members;
( d ) resolutions increasing the share capital of a company;
( e ) resolutions that a company be wound up voluntarily passed under paragraph (a) or paragraph (c) of subsection (1) of section 251
(5) If a company fails to comply with subsection (1), the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be liable to a fine not exceeding £50.
(6) If a company fails to comply with subsection (2) or subsection (3), the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be liable to a fine not exceeding £1 for each copy in respect of which default is made.
(7) For the purposes of subsections (5) and (6), a liquidator of a company shall be deemed to be an officer of the company.
Ireland - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?