COMPANIES ACT 1963 - SECT 196 Particulars relating to directors to be shown on all business letters of the company.
196.—(1) Subject to subsection (2), every company to which this section applies shall, in all business letters on or in which the company's name appears and which are sent by the company to any person, state in legible characters in relation to every director the following particulars:
( a ) his present Christian name, or the initials thereof, and present surname; and
( b ) any former Christian names and surnames; and
( c ) his nationality, if not Irish.
(2) If special circumstances exist which render it in the opinion of the Minister expedient that such an exemption should be granted, the Minister may, subject to such conditions as he may think fit, grant exemption from the obligations imposed by this section.
(3) This section shall apply to—
( a ) every company registered under this Act or under the Companies (Consolidation) Act, 1908, unless it was registered before the 23rd day of November, 1916, and
( b ) every company incorporated outside the State which has an established place of business within the State, unless it had established such a place of business before the said date; and
( c ) every company licensed under the Moneylenders Act, 1933, whenever it was registered or whenever it established a place of business.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), if a company makes default in complying with this section, every officer of the company who is in default shall be liable on summary conviction for each offence to a fine not exceeding £25, and, for the purpose of this subsection, where a body corporate is an officer of the company, any officer of the body corporate shall be deemed to be an officer of the company.
(5) No proceedings shall be instituted under this section except by, or with the consent of, the Minister.
(6) For the purposes of this section—
( a ) "director" includes any person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors of the company are accustomed to act, and "officer" shall be construed accordingly; and
( b ) "initials" includes a recognised abbreviation of a Christian name; and paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) of subsection (12) of section 195 shall apply as they apply for the purposes of that section.
Ireland - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?