How to Incorporate an International Holding Company (IHC) in Malta
After you have submitted the company name of your IHC to us, approval can be obtained within several hours. You can carry out a free name check now using our Company Name check service. Your company name can be in any language but it must be unique and it must end with the suffix Limited or Ltd; the Registrar of Companies has the right of refuse any name it feels is undesirable or offensive. Using our online service the checking process takes less than 30 minutes, and a name may be reserved for 10 days.
We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a certificate of incorporation will be issued and your new company is incorporated.
The typical time scale for a full incorporation is between one to two weeks from the date we receive your proofs of address and identification.
Formacompany has over 20 years’ experience forming companies in Malta and across the world, and our staff will be available to offer advice and support through the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name through to finally commencing taxable activities.
To begin incorporation of your Maltese IHC we will require the following:
- Your company name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence)
- Proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last three months)
- All IHCs must have a registered office and a registered agent. The registered office must be a physical address in Malta as it is where documents may be legally served on the company; an office and a suitable agent is included in our Standard Company Formation Package.
Share Capital requirements
- The minimum share capital for an IHC is €1,200
- Different classes of share may be issued with different voting rights assigned to each class, as per your Articles of Association.
Ready Made Companies
- We have shelf companies in Malta currently available, with standard Memorandum and Articles designed to permit most general activities; making it possible to commence business at very short notice. Our ready made companies are in good standing, are not the subject of any insolvency proceedings and have not entered into any contracts or engaged in any business activities.
What you receive after setting up your new business
- Minutes of the first inaugural meetings
- Copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Share Certificates for each shareholder specified, plus two blank certificates
5 Advantages to Setting up an International Holding Company (IHC) in Malta
- Incorporating in Malta provides you with a European company that allows you access to the EU market.
- IHCs hold shares and/or receive royalties and interest from other companies.
- IHCs pay no tax on dividends received from a participating holding.
- IHCs pay a low tax rate of on royalties or interests received.
- There is no withholding tax on the distribution of dividends from the IHC.
Important Information about Incorporating an International Holding Company (IHC) in Malta
- In order to acquire a bank account in Malta you must have a Maltese resident director which we can provide
- Annual audited accounts must be submitted to the Inland Revenue Dept
Malta - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?