Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in Panama
Panama Key Points
- Time - 5 - 7 days to incorporate your company
- Directors - only three directors of any nationality, are necessary for your Corporation
- Shareholders - only one shareholder of any nationality, is required
- Share Capital - the standard authorised share capital for your company is US$10,000 and may be expressed in any currency
- Share Capital - The capital of the corporation need not be paid at the time of the incorporation
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- A company secretary must be appointed
Select the company name for your Corporation
First select a name for your corporation.
- All Panama corporations must end with the suffix Corporation, Incorporated, Sociedad Anónima or the abbreviations Corp, Inc or SA
- The name of your company may not be identical to that of an existing company
- Your name may be expressed in any language
- A company name check can be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered
- We can reserve your company name for up to ten days
- You are not be allowed to use a name which is either identical or deceptively similar to one that is already used by another corporation
Select the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- The standard authorised share capital for your company is US $10,000
- It then gets divided in to 100 common voting shares of US $100 or 500 common voting shares at no par value
- The capital may be expressed in any currency
- Share capital does not have to be paid into a bank account before the incorporation
- The minimum issued capital is one share
Decide who will be the directors of your company.
- Directors may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere
- Your company requires three directors
Select who will be the shareholders of your company.
- The minimum number of shareholders is one
- Shareholders can be of any nationality and may reside anywhere.
- The name of the shareholder is not required to be registered in the Panamanian
- Public Registry. Provides complete confidentiality
Select a Registered Office
A Panamanian registered office is required for your company. Formacompany can provide this service.
Features of a Panama Company
- There is no need to hold annual meetings of directors or shareholders
- Members and/or Administrators may hold their meetings in any country and they may attend such meetings by proxy
- Panamanian Companies can be incorporated without regards to the nationality of its directors and shareholders
- The authorized capital does not have to be paid in full or partially
- There is no income tax, if income is produced outside of Panama
- The freedom of capital movement in and out of panama and the absence of regulatory supervision
- No requirement to file annual returns or financial statements
- No limitations on the maximum number of directors or shareholders
- The company may engage in any type of civil or commercial activities
- The financial liability of the members is limited to the amount of their participations made or promised
- Members and administrators may be of any nationality, resident of any country and be either corporate entities or natural persons
- The company can be easily converted into any other type of entities, such as a Corporations
- The company can be re-domiciled to any jurisdiction and vice versa
- The company can be merged into/with any type of legal entities
- Incorporation documents may be drafted in any language together with a translation into Spanish
- It is not mandatory to present the changes of administrators at the Public Registry
Panama - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?