Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in Spain
Spain Key Points
- Time - 2 weeks to incorporate your company
- Directors - only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your SL company
- Shareholders - only one shareholder of any nationality, is required
- Share Capital - the share capital requirement is only €3000
- Support - using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- All directors and shareholders will require a Spanish fiscal identity number
- VAT registration within 2 days
Select Company Name
- The corporation's name must end with the words Sociedad Limitada or Sociedad Limitada Unipersonal
- You are not allowed to use a name which is either identical or deceptively similar to one that is already used by another corporation
- A company name check can be carried out free of charge to see if a required name has already been registered.
- We can reserve your SL name for up to ten days.
- Ready made companies are available. Company name change is available for a fee.
You must decide who will be the directors of the corporation.
- Only 1 director is required for a Spanish company
- The directors can be of any nationality, and there is no requirement to appoint a Spanish director
- Every company must have at least 1 director, and there may be several.
- Only individuals may be directors of a Spanish company
- Directors may also be shareholders of the company. In fact, this is normal in small companies
You must select who will be the shareholders of the company.
- Only 1 shareholder is required
- The shareholders can be any nationality and no requirement to have a Spanish shareholder
- The shareholder can be a corporation
- Every private company must have at least 1 shareholder
You must select the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- The standard and minimum share capital is €3000
- It is often recommended that you have a higher share capital when the company is formed
Select a Registered Office and Company Administration
We offer registered office services, mail forwarding and a telephone service for our clients.
Spanish office - we have staff speaking English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian, German and Romanian.
You must select a Spanish registered office for your corporation.
- The registered office of a company is the location where official correspondence is sent. The registered office may be a commercial or residential address.
- The registered office is normally the main place of business of the company. If the company has more than one place of business, these must be stated on tax forms.
Obtaining your NIE number
- To sign any documents in front of a notary in Spain, you need a Spanish identification number. If you do not have one we can arrange this for you.
- We arrange for you to sign a specific Power of Attorney to allow us to talk to the police and tax authorities on your behalf.
- In the event that a provisional NIE number is needed, we can arrange this through signing specific documents with the notary, the police commissariat and with the tax authorities.
You only need to be present to sign the Power of Attorney to get the number with us - we can do the rest.
Opening a Company Bank Account
We work with the major banks La Caixa, Caja Madrid, Banco Santander, Barclays, Bankinter and BBVA among others. If you need a bank account immediately we can assist you; briefing you in advance of the information we require and one of our staff can go.
Select Accountants; and getting your CIF/VAT numbers/VIES numbers
- All Spanish companies have a CIF number, which is also your VAT number. VAT is levied on all operations once you form the company.
- Official notices for the company are available on-line, so that potential suppliers or customers can be shown official government details of all major changes to the company.
- Entry in the European VIES register for a company is not difficult provided that there are fixed premises, import and export goods into and out of Spain and a resident director. The process can take between two and four weeks.
- All non-Spanish companies who wish to sign public documents in Spain need a CIF number. We can get these almost immediately, and the tax office usually accept our translations of the original deeds of incorporation as legal translations.
You may select the auditors or accountants of the company.
- Shareholders of a private corporation may choose not to appoint an auditor for any given fiscal year. All the shareholders must agree to this decision. This decision remains valid only until the next annual meeting, where all the shareholders of the corporation must once again consent to not appointing an auditor for the following fiscal year.
- All Spanish companies have a CIF number, which is also your vat number.
- VAT is levied on all operations once you form the company.
- Official notices for the company are available on-line, so that potential suppliers or customers can be shown official government details of all.
We can to register your company for social security, run a payroll and deal with payroll issues.
Spain - Company Formations & Company Documents
How Can We Help?