How to Incorporate a Limited Company / Aktiengesellschaft (AG) in Liechtenstein
After you have submitted the proposed name of your AG to us, approval of the company name can be obtained within several hours. The company name may be in any language and must include the suffix AG. It is not permissible in Liechtenstein to use place names, state names, country names or well known international names and words associated with licensed activities such as ‘banking’ are restricted.
We then draft the Articles of Association and the foundation agreement, which are filed with the local Trade Register, and provide assistance opening a bank account and depositing the share capital.
Finally we notify the local trade register of the establishment of the business.
It typically takes just seven days to fully incorporate a company in Liechtenstein.
Formacompany has over 20 years’ experience forming companies in Liechtenstein and across the world, and our staff will be available to offer advice and support through the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name through to finally commencing taxable activities.
What you need to set up a Limited Company/ AG in Liechtenstein
To begin incorporation of your Liechtenstein AG we will require the following:
- Your company name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence)
- Proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last three months)
All AGs must have a registered office. The registered office is where documents may be legally served on the company and must be a physical address in Liechtenstein– we can assist with this service.
Shares and Share Capital Requirements
- The minimum share capital of a limited company is CHF 50,000
- If paying the minimum share capital, the total must be fully paid up upon incorporation.
- The minimum contribution by any one shareholder is CHF 50
- Various types of share can be issued, including preference, registered, voting and no-par-value shares. Only registered shares can be issued at below par value
- Voting rights can be varied between all types of shares, and voting rights can be limited in accordance with company statutes
Services included in our Incorporation Fee
All duties, taxes and professional fees are included in our package and this includes, but is not limited to:
- The Notary Public fees (excluding any translation costs).
- Production of the Notarial Deed and publication of the registration.
What you receive after setting up your new business
- Minutes of the first inaugural meetings
- Copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Share Certificates for each shareholder specified, plus two blank certificates
Advantages to Setting up a Limited Company/ AG in Liechtenstein
- Liechtenstein has one of the lowest tax rates in the EU. Incorporating in Liechtenstein allows you to benefit from the 8% VAT tax rate.
- Companies trading internationally are exempt from taxes in Liechtenstein. If your source of income is from outside of Liechtenstein then you are not liable for any national taxes including income tax, capital gains tax and corporation tax.
- A Liechtenstein AG provides maximum confidentiality. e-Banking and financial services are Liechtenstein’s main industries, Liechtenstein has very well protected bank confidentiality and there are heavy sanctions imposed for any breaches of privacy.
- A Liechtenstein AG reduces the tax burden on shareholders. Your AG provides access to the large network of double taxation treaties Liechtenstein has signed with major trading nations around the world.
- Incorporating an AG in Liechtenstein requires minimal infrastructure. A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to incorporate a limited company in Liechtenstein; these can be the same person and can be of any nationality. Whilst there are no residency restrictions for shareholders, at least one director must be resident in Liechtenstein, directors can be corporate entities. Nominee shareholders are allowed and Formacompany can provide this service.
Important information about incorporating a Limited Company/ AG in Liechtenstein
- Audited annual accounts have to be lodged
- The liability of each member of the company is the share capital which each member has subscribed to.