Costa Rica – Company Registration
Costa Rica Key Points
- Time – 2 weeks to incorporate your company
- Sociedad Anónima (SA). SA’s require three directors,
- Shareholders – two shareholders are required for SA’s.
- Srl’s are simpler to operate and only require one director and one shareholder
- Share Capital – there is no minimum share capital requirement
- Tax – no taxes payable by a corporation for revenue earned outside of Costa Rica
- Support – using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
Costa Rica Registry
The company registration request is submitted via the electronic registry. The Registry will then issue an official entity registration card number(cédula jurídica) and assign registration entry numbers (citas de inscripción).
The company must keep company records which can be stored anywhere in the world.
Corporations that do not operate in Costa Rica are not required to file financial statements.
Corporations that do not operate within Costa Rica are not required to hold annual meetings.
Obtaining a Data Processing Licence
A data processing licence may be obtained within two weeks of incorporation from the Provincial or Cantonal Authorities.
Your company must register for tax with the local authorities. We will complete the tax registration as part of your company formation.
Provided no commercial income is generated in Costa Rica, no corporation tax will be paid. This provides a very attractive setting for international business seeking a tax free haven.