Costa Rica – SA Company Registration
Costa Rica Key Points
- Time – 2 weeks to incorporate your company
- Directors – three directors of any nationality are necessary for your company
- Shareholders – two shareholders are required with no restriction placed upon nationality
- Share Capital – there is no minimum share capital requirement
- Tax – no taxes payable by a corporation for revenue earned outside of Costa Rica
- Support – using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
Costa Rica Registry
The Articles of Incorporation drafted by Formacompany must be signed by the founding shareholders and notarised by a Costa Rican notary public. The Registry will then issue an official entity registration card number(cédula jurídica) and assign registration entry numbers (citas de inscripción).
Once incorporated the entity should seal six books with the Revenue Administration Seals Unit. We will assist you with all aspects of these requirements.
The company must have a Minutes of General Assembly Book, a Minutes of Board of Directors Book, a Shareholders Registry Book, and the three accounting books. We will provide you with this documentation upon incorporation. These documents will be authorized by a competent Taxing Authority and can be stored anywhere in the world.
Corporations that do not operate in Costa Rica are not required to file a Financial Statement before any National Authority.
Corporations that do not operate within Costa Rica are not required to hold annual meetings.
Obtaining a Data Processing Licence
The following is required in order to obtain a DPL:
- Incorporation of a Costa Rican Srl
- Registered Office confirmation
- Employee risk insurance policy
- Inspection from the Municipality
- Ministry of Health Permit
- Registration of employees with the Caja Costarricense del Seguro Social
- Grant Power of Attorney to the Agent in order for the license to be processed
All of which will all be handled by our agent.
Your company must register for tax with the local authorities. We will complete the tax registration as part of your company formation.
Provided no commercial income is generated in Costa Rica, no corporation tax will be paid. This provides a very attractive setting for international business seeking a tax free haven.