Estonia – OÜ Company Incorporation
Estonia Key Points
- Time – 3 weeks to incorporate your company
- Directors – only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your company
- Shareholders – only one shareholder of any nationality, is required
- Share Capital – the share capital requirement is €2500
- Support – using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- No tax, until distribution of profits
- At least one half of the management board of your company must be resident in EEA member countries
Private Limited Company (osaühing or OÜ in Estonian)
The Private Limited Company is the most common form of trading company in Estonia and probably the easiest solution for the projects with a small number of owners and employees. This form of a trading company is attractive because of its low requirement of share capital and a relatively easy management system. A private limited company can be founded by one or several people, or by a company.
Time to incorporate
A new Private Limited Company incorporation takes about 3 weeks, however ready made companies are available to trade immediately.
Companies incorporated anywhere can also act as director, however, at least one half of the management board of your company must be resident in Estonia, any other EEA member country.
The management board directs the companies activities. It can be made up of one or several members who do not have to be shareholders. At least one half of the management board must be resident in Estonia, any other EEA member country or Switzerland.
In Estonia, a private limited company must have at least €2500 worth of company shares.
Separate classes of shares with different rights to dividends are permitted, subject only to any restrictions in the company’s Articles of Association.
All Estonian businesses need a registered office in Estonia, where the authorities can send official letters and claims, as well as where control of the tax forms is executed. All financial and fiscal documents, registers, company papers etc. must be kept at the registered office of the business. We can provide a registered office for our clients.
In order to incorporate an OÜ company in Estonia the following is required:
- The Directors’ full name, date of birth, address and their nationality
- Shareholders’ full name and address and date of birth
- The management boards names, addresses and dates of birth
- The objects of the company, specifying the the principal activity
- The Estonian company address, we can provide you with a registered office if necessary and communication details for the company, this can be an email and phone number
- The amount of share capital you wish to invest; the minimum is €2500
- Company Name
- The amount of capital and the number of shares subscribed to each member