How to Incorporate a Limited Company in Gibraltar
After you have submitted the company name of your Limited Company to us, approval of the company name can be obtained within several hours. You can carry out a free name check now using our Company Name check service. Your company name can be in any language, as long as the relevant translation is approved first. Your name will need to end with Ltd and certain words are prohibited, such as names suggesting the patronage of any government or country. Using our online service the checking process takes less than 30 minutes, and a name may be reserved for 10 days.
We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a certificate of incorporation will be issued and your new company is incorporated. The incorporation of a Gibraltar company normally takes five days from the time of the order being placed. Additional certification (Notary and Apostille) may take another two to three days.
Formacompany has over 20 years’ experience forming companies in Gibraltar and across the world, and our staff will be available to offer advice and support through the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name through to finally commencing taxable activities.
What you need to set up a Limited Company in Gibraltar
To begin incorporation of your limited company we will require the following:
- Your company name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence).
- Proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last 3 months)
- All limited companies in Gibraltar must have a registered agent and a registered office. The registered office is where documents may be legally served on the company and where the statutory books of the company must be kept. The registered office must be a physical address in Gibraltar– this is included in our formation package.
Share Capital requirements
- The standard share capital is GBP £5000. Greater amounts can be agreed, with small increases in the payable share capital tax.
- There is no minimum issued share capital, but two shares must be issued, and these must have a nominal value.
- The authorised share capital may be expressed in any currency
Services included in our incorporation Fee
- Preparing your Memorandum and Articles of Association and other mandatory documents required to register your limited company.
- Paying all capital duties and registration fees.
- Lodging documentation with the Gibraltar Registrar of Companies.
- Providing a Registered Office and resident Company Secretary for your limited company.
- Tax Identification Number
These services are mandatory in order to comply with the minimum local presence rules.
What you receive after setting up your new business
The set of corporate documents for a Gibraltar company will always include:
- Minutes of the first inaugural meetings (showing all appointments of officers and allocations of shares)
- Copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of the Declaration of Compliance
- Share Certificates for each shareholder specified, plus two blank certificates
Additional documentation may include share transfer forms or declarations, special powers of attorney, additional corporate resolutions.
Advantages to Setting up a Limited Company in Gibraltar
- Incorporating in Gibraltar provides the benefits of offshore legislation. Gibraltar companies benefit from offshore legislation which provides maximum flexibility in global asset protection, tax and investment planning and are widely used for holding property, trading and re-invoicing activities, and to act as investment holding companies.
- A limited company in Gibraltar requires minimal capital investment. There is no minimum share capital the standard authorised is £5000, this does not have to be paid up.
- A limited company in Gibraltar requires minimal infrastructure. A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to incorporate a limited company. Corporate shareholders are permitted. A company secretary is required and this service is provided for you.
- A non-resident limited company in Gibraltar is exempt from local taxes
- Incorporating a limited company in Gibraltar. It only takes five days to create a limited company in Gibraltar.
Important Information about setting up a Limited Company in Gibraltar
- Shareholder can be a person or a corporation and there is no upper limit to the number of shareholders. Nominee shareholders are permitted and we can provide this service. There is no requirement to appoint a local resident shareholder.
- All Gibraltar companies must appoint a Company Secretary. We can provide a secretary as part of our corporate administration service.
- All Gibraltar companies must file an annual returns and accounts every year. Our corporate administration service will assist with this.