Incorporate a Limited Company / International Business Company (IBC) in the Seychelles
After you have submitted the name of your IBC to us, approval of the company name can be obtained within several hours. You can carry out a free name check now using our Company Name check service. Your company name can be in any language as long as the relevant translation is approved first. Your name will need to end with Ltd, Corp, Inc, GmbH or similar. Certain words are prohibited such as names suggesting the patronage of any government or country. The name approval process takes less than thirty minutes, and a name may be reserved for 10 days.
We then present the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company to the Registrar, a certificate of incorporation will be issued and your new company is incorporated. The general time scale for a full incorporation is two days, although the Registrar’s office is automated, which enables incorporation to sometimes be completed within twenty four hours.
What you need to set up a Limited Company / International Business Company (IBC) in the Seychelles
To begin incorporation of your Seychelles IBC we will require the following:
- Your company name
- The director/s full name, date of birth, address and nationality
- The shareholder/s full name and address
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence).
- Proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last 3 months)
All IBCs must have a registered agent and a registered office where documents may be legally served on the company. The registered office must be a physical address in the Seychelles – this is included in our standard Corporate Services Package.
Shares and Share Capital requirements
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere, the shareholder can be a person or a corporation and there is no upper limit to the number of shareholders. The share register may only be inspected by a shareholder. Nominee shareholders are permitted and we can provide this service.
- There are no minimum share capital requirements
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency
What you receive after setting up your new business
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Original share certificates
- Original government receipt as evidence of payment of annual company registration and license fees
Advantages of Registering a Limited Company / International Business Company (IBC) in the Seychelles
- A Seychelles IBC benefits from offshore legislation and has zero tax obligation. The IBC is the most widely used vehicle for offshore operations in the Seychelles, it is a limited liability company that conducts its trading and business outside the Seychelles and is intended for offshore activities; it is 100% tax exempt and is the ideal vehicle for trading purposes or for holding and managing private assets. The governing legislation is the International Business Companies Act 1994.
- A Seychelles IBC is extremely confidential. The names of directors and shareholders are not held on any public record or disclosed to the Seychelles government. The Memorandum and Articles of Association are the only documents held on the public record.
- A Seychelles IBC requires minimal administration. It is not liable to declare income or account information, and there is no obligation to submit a return for taxes.
- A Seychelles IBC requires minimal infrastructure. A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to incorporate a limited company in the Seychelles; these can be the same person, can be of any nationality and need not be resident in the Seychelles. Corporate shareholders are permitted.
- Incorporating a limited company in the Seychelles is extremely quick. It only takes two days to create a Seychelles IBC.
Important information about incorporating a Limited Company / International Business Company (IBC) in the Seychelles
- No company secretary is required.
- Disclosure of the beneficial owners is not required.
- No statutory accounting or audit records need be kept or filed in the Seychelles.