Step by Step Guide to Incorporating in Liberia
Select Your Company Name
- Names may be in any language providing Roman characters are used.
- When naming a corporation, any standard corporate suffix is acceptable (Inc., Ltd., Corp., etc.).
- Company names may be reserved in advance of formation for up to 120 days.
Select the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- A standard formation is 500 registered shares without par value or US$50,000 of par value stock
With a corporation formed under the laws of Liberia, each share certificate issued states:
- If a registered share, the name of the person or persons to whom issued
- The number and class of shares
- The par value of each share
- If the share does not entitle the holder to vote, it is non-voting, or if the right to vote exists only under certain circumstances, that the right to vote is limited
Decide who will be the directors of your company.
- Your company only requires one director, although there can be several.
- Your company must specify the initial numbers of directors upon incorporation.
- Directors may be of any nationality and reside anywhere.
- Shareholders may be of any nationality.
- If there are three or more shareholders, there must be at least three directors.
- If there are less than three shareholders, the number of directors must equal the number of shareholders.
- Shareholders may be an individual or a corporate body.
It is a legal requirement your company has a registered office address in Liberia upon incorporation. Formacompany can supply this service for you if necessary.
Submit Your Company Details
Once you have decided upon the above information, you are ready to incorporate in Liberia. This can be done simply by supplying your proposed company details via our Company Details Form.
Upon reception of your details, we will ensure your proposed company name is available with LISCR and begin the incorporation of your company.
Our service will provide you with:
- Reserving Company Name
- Preparation of Company Registration Forms
- Drafting and signing the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Filing documents with the Liberian International Ship and Corporate Registry
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Appointment of Directors
- Including Government filing fee
- Share Certificates
- We provide a duplicate copy of every filed document, stamped by the Minister of Foreign Affairs as Registrar of Corporations
- Leather binder with all documents and certificates
- Delivery of documents by FedEx / DHL