Belgium Limited Company Incorporation
Incorporate a Besloten Vennootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid – BVBA
The Besloten Vennootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid (BVBA) is the most popular and suitable company for non-residents incorporating in Belgium
After you have submitted the company name of your BVBA to us, approval can be obtained within several hours. You can carry out a free name check using our Company Name check service. Certain words are prohibited such as names suggesting the patronage of any government or country. Using our online service the checking process takes less than 30 minutes, and a name may be reserved for 10 days.
Once the name is established we will require a financial plan. This must contain a description and justification of the amount of the initial capital and must detail how the initial capital will cover the operations of the company for at least the first two years.
The registrar’s office will automatically register the company with the Register of Legal Persons and issue a unique identification (company) number. The VAT number can be requested directly from the local VAT Administration or can be handled by the centralised company docket. The company must register with the social insurance fund for self employed persons within three months of incorporation.
Formacompany has over 20 years experience forming companies in Belgium and across the world. Our staff will be available to offer advice and support throughout the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name to finally commencing taxable activities.
What you need to set up a company in Belgium
- Your Company Name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
- The objects of the company, specifying the principal activity
Documents you are required to provide:
- Proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence)
- Proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or credit/debit card bank statement dated within the last 3 months)
- A business plan signed by a director with a degree or high school diploma. This should be approved by the notary before incorporation.
- A financial plan, which should include information about how the initial investment/ share capital covers the needs of the company for the first two years.
- The registered office is where documents may be legally served on the company.
- The registered office must be a physical address in Belgium.
Share Capital requirement
- Instead of share capital, the BV/SRL’s equity is comprised of (i) the contributions of shareholders, (ii) reserves and (iii) profit carried forward that serves as protection for creditors. The minimum share capital requirement is replaced by the obligation for the shareholders to ensure that the company has sufficient funds at incorporation to carry out its activities
- A BVBA only needs one shareholder and this may be an individual or a corporation.
What you receive after setting up your new business
- Minutes of the first inaugural meetings
- Copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Share Certificates for each shareholder specified, plus two blank certificates
BV/SRL in Belgium
- Registration of a company in Belgium requires the director to have a professional qualification
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and may reside anywhere, the shareholder can be a person or a corporation and there is no upper limit to the number of shareholders.