BVI incorporation Services
Formacompany has over 20 years’ experience forming companies in the BVI and across the world. Our staff will offer advice and support through the entire incorporation process, from initially selecting a suitable company name to finally commencing taxable activities.
International Business Company in the British Virgin Islands
To begin incorporation of your BVI IBC we require the following:
- Your company name
- The full name, date of birth, address and nationality of all directors
- The full name and address of all shareholders
Documents you are required to provide:
- Certified proof of identity (passport, national identity card, photographic driving licence)
- Certified proof of residential address (gas/electricity bill or bank statement dated within the last three months)
- All IBCs must have a registered office and a resident agent. The registered office must be a physical address in the BVI, where documents can be legally served on the company. An office and a suitable agent is included in our Standard Company Formation Package.
Shares and Share Capital requirements
- There are no minimum share capital requirements
- Shares may be issued with or without par value and in any currency
Ready Made Companies
- We have shelf companies in the BVI currently available, accompanied with with standard Memorandum and Articles designed to permit most general activities; this allows one to commence business at very short notice. Our ready made companies are in good standing, not the subject of any insolvency proceedings, and have not entered into any contracts or engaged in business activities.
What you receive after setting up your new business:
- Minutes of the first inaugural meetings
- Copies of the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Share Certificates for each shareholder specified, plus two blank certificates
Advantages British Virgin Islands (BVI)
- The BVI is the most popular offshore jurisdiction. International Business Companies (IBCs) in the BVI enjoy favourable business regulations, a prosperous economy and a stable political situation.
- Incorporating in the BVI offers the benefits of offshore legislation. A BVI IBC is a limited liability company that conducts trading and business outside of the BVI and is intended for offshore activities; modern offshore legislation provides maximum flexibility in global asset protection and tax and investment planning.
- An IBC in the BVI requires minimal infrastructure. A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to incorporate a company in the BVI. Those listed can be of any nationality and need not reside in the BVI. Corporate shareholders are also permitted.
- A BVI IBC is exempt from local taxes and provides extensive confidentiality for the directors and shareholders. All IBCs are tax exempt and ensure extensive confidentiality for the directors and shareholders. Names and addresses are not stored in the BVI public record and are unavailable for public inspection.
- Incorporating a limited company in the BVI is a fast process. It only takes two days to create an IBC in the British Virgin Islands.