BVI Step by Step Guide to starting a Business
BVI Key points
- Timescale: Your company will be incorporated in as little as 2-3 days
- Director: One director of any nationality is required
- Shareholders: One required of any nationality
- Share Capital: No minimum share capital required
- Accounts: No requirement to file accounts or financial statements
- Confidentiality: Names of the directors and shareholders do not appear on public record
- Support: Using our 20 years experience, we guide you through every step of the company formation process
First, select a name for your Offshore IBC company
- Your offshore IBC company name must end in Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Sociedad Anónima, Société Anonyme, or the abbreviations Ltd. Corp. Inc. S.A.
- A company namecheck will confirm if your choice is available. Company names cannot be identical or deceptively similar to existing ones.
- We can reserve your company name within the registry for a maximum ten days.
Ensuring the availability of your company name is included in our formation fee.
Appoint the directors of your company
- Directors may be of any nationality
- Your company only requires one director
- Individuals must be 18 years of age and over
- The names of directors do not appear on public record
- There is no requirement to appoint a local director
- Directors and shareholders meetings need not be held in the BVI
Select the shareholders of your offshore BVI company
- Shareholders may be of any nationality and reside anywhere
- Your company requires a minimum of one shareholder
- Corporate shareholders are permitted
Determine the number of shares each shareholder will have
- Share capital can be denominated in any currency
- Shares may be issued with or without equal value
- No restriction on a company purchasing its own shares
- No specified minimum paid up capital
Registered office within the British Virgin Islands
- A BVI registered office is required for your company which we will supply
Incorporate a British Virgin Island company
We can incorporate an IBC British Virgin Island company. For information regarding our fees, please visit our prices and fees page.