Hong Kong Key Points
- Time – 10 days to incorporate your company
- Directors – only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your company
- Shareholders – only one shareholder required who may be either an individual or corporate body
- Shareholders – 100% foreign shareholders allowed
- Share Capital – the share capital requirement is only HK$10,000
- Support – using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- A Hong Kong company must have a company secretary this can either be an individual or a limited company
We will file for incorporation to obtain the Certificate of Incorporation then the director and the shareholder are required to sign these documents and return the originals to us for filing and to obtain the Business Registration Certificate.
Hong Kong Company Directors
A minimum of one director of any nationality is required. There is no requirement to appoint a local resident director. The names of directors appear in public records
Hong Kong Resident Company Secretary
A Company Secretary is required, individuals and limited companies are permitted. If the secretary is an individual, they must be a resident in Hong Kong. If the secretary is a company its registered office must be in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Company Shareholders
A minimum of one shareholder of any nationality is required. Individual, corporate and nominee shareholders are permitted.
Share Capital Requirements
The standard capital is HK$ 10,000. If you want to register a higher capital, then there is a capital tax of 0.1% applying to the capital.
Hong Kong Company Chop
All Hong Kong companies require a ‘company chop’ – this is a company corporate seal and is required by Hong Kong company law.
The company records can be kept anywhere in the world.
Hong Kong Significant Controllers Register (SCR)
The Companies Amendment Ordinance 2018, requires all companies incorporated in Hong Kong to maintain up-to-date beneficial ownership information, by way of keeping a Significant Controllers Register. The SCR should be kept at the company’s registered office or a prescribed place in Hong Kong and should be available for inspection by law enforcement officers upon request. Failure to comply with the obligations under the Amendment Ordinance is a criminal offence.
To start the incorporation process a we require:
- The company name
- Name and address of director
- Name and address of shareholder