Hong Kong Key Points
- Time – 10 days to incorporate your company
- Directors – only one director of any nationality, is necessary for your company
- Shareholders – only one shareholder required who may be either an individual or corporate body
- Shareholders – 100% foreign shareholders allowed
- Share Capital – the share capital requirement is only HK$10,000
- Support – using our 20 years experience we guide you throughout every step of the company formation process
- A Hong Kong company must have a resident company secretary which we supply
Documents and Information
- Proposed company name, either in English or Chinese or both
- Copy of passport and address of the shareholders, if they are not Hong Kong Residents
- Copy of passport and address of the directors, if they are not Hong Kong Residents
After confirmation of the availability of the your company name, we shall prepare all the documents for incorporating your company, including the Memorandum and Articles of Association, appointment of first directors and company secretary, notice of registered office and application for the business registration certificate. Then, we will send the incorporation documents to you for signature.
We then file the following documents with Companies Registry together with the appropriate fees for the application of the Certificate of Incorporation:
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company
- A Statutory Declaration of Compliance
- Amount of Share Capital, both authorised and issued
Receive the Certificate of Incorporation from Companies Registry. Then, we will file the following documents:
- Notification of Appointment of First Directors and Company Secretary
- Letter of Appointment of First Directors
- Consent to Act as Director
- Notification of Situation of Registered Office
Apply for Business Registration Certificate with the appropriate fees.
In accordance with Company Ordinances, a company incorporated in Hong Kong must apply to the Inland Revenue for a Business Registration Certificate within one month after its incorporation.
Type of Company for International Trade and Investment
Private Company limited by Shares.
Procedure to Incorporate
Submission of Memorandum and Articles of Association and a Declaration of Compliance. A Notice of Situation of Registered Office is also required to be filed within fourteen days of the date of incorporation.
Language of Legislation and Corporate Documents
Chinese or English can be used in the corporate documents.
A Registered Office must be maintained in Hong Kong where the correspondence from Hong Kong Government can be served.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
The standard authorised share capital is HK$10,000. The minimum issued capital is two shares of HK$1 each.
The Business Registration Fee is payable within a month after incorporation and then annually.
Every year an annual return must be filed with the Registrar of Companies showing changes in:
- Share Capital
- Name and address of each shareholder and every person who ceased to be a shareholder in the year
- No financial statements need be attached
- Shareholder information is restricted only to the registered shareholders – ultimate beneficial owners are not disclosed if using our nominee shareholder service.