PLC Certificate to Commence Business

A public limited company cannot conduct business or exercise borrowing powers unless it has obtained a trading certificate from Companies House confirming that it has the minimum allotted share capital.

The certificate is obtained by filing the application for a trading certificate for a public company – Companies House Form SH50.

It is an offence for a PLC company to trade without a trading certificate and the directors are liable, on conviction, to a fine.

SH50 – Application for a trading certificate for a Public Limited Company

This Companies House form is used to make an application by a public company for a trading certificate.

We can apply and obtain for your PLC a trading certificate SH50 certificate to commence business. Please visit our PLC Company Administration fee page.

Close Menu