Having incorporated your PLC Company we will keep your company in Good Standing with the following services:
Company Secretarial Services
Every public limited company must have a qualified or experienced company secretary. We will provide your PLC with Company Secretarial services to ensure that the statutory requirements are fulfilled, and with good governance, remains in good standing and compliant with UK law.
Maintaining Statutory Registers
As your company secretary we can maintain your statutory registers which include:
- The register of members (section 352) (unless external Registrar is used)
- The register of directors and secretaries (section 288)
- The register of directors’ interests (section 325)
- The register of charges
We will make our UK address available as the Registered Office of your PLC. Inland Revenue and the Registrar of Companies official documents will be served at the Registered Office.
A PLC must have a minimum issued capital of £50,000. At least £12,500 of this must be fully paid up before the Registrar of Companies can issue a Certificate for Commencement of Trading. We will obtain the trading certificate for your PLC from Companies House. The certificate must be issued before your company commences any business transactions or borrowing, conduct business or exercise borrowing powers unless it has obtained a Trading Certificate from Companies House, confirming that it has the minimum allotted share capital.
UK Tax Agent
We will obtain a Corporation Tax Inland Revenue Tax ID for your company.
Use of UK Company Secretaries Ltd (our subsidiary) as your UK Tax Agent.
We will then deal with all your company tax correspondence with the H M Revenue & Customs.
- The HMRC will then correspond direct with you and UK Company Secretaries Ltd regarding all of the taxation affairs of your company
- We will deal with the initial registration forms received from H M Revenue & Customs upon incorporation
- We will advise you and submit your companies annual Corporation Tax return
Tax deadline email alerts
Get regular reminders of important tax dates with our Tax deadline email alerts.
By using Formacompany as your UK based Tax Agent. We will represent your company and deal with H M Revenue & Customs as regards all corporation tax returns and filing requirements.
The Annual Return is a snapshot of general information about your company’s directors, secretary, registered office address, shareholders and statement of capital. To meet your filing requirement we will advise when your Annual Return are due. We will file the form electronically by using our Web Filing service.
Your Annual Return will contain:
- Name of your Company
- Registered Number
- Principal Business Activity of the Company
- Date to which the Annual Return is made-up to
- Registered Office Address of the Company
- Details of the Company Secretary
- Details of all the Company Directors who served during the year
- The Single Alternative Inspection Location (SAIL), is an alternative address to the Company’s Registered Office where companies shareholder records can be kept and made available for inspection
We will email you a timely reminder of when your Annual Return is due for filing at Companies House.
We deal with the appointment of new directors and with the removal of directors from office. We will inform Companies House when new directors are appointed when someone stops being a director and if there’s a change in your director’s details.
PROtected Online Filing Scheme – PROOF
We will apply for a government authentication code for your PLC so we can file documents electronically with Companies House. This is the protected Online Filing service, it enables companies to protect themselves from unauthorised changes to their company’s record as it prevents the filing of paper forms. These include documents for an appointment, termination or change of particulars of the company directors.
Service Addresses for Directors of your PLC
We offer a service address facility which protects the privacy of your director’s home addresses.
Directors of your company can use our address as the service address for the purposes of public records and for official documents to be served.
This facility will:
- Protect the privacy of your director’s home address
- Achieve a greater degree of separation between work and home
- Preserve independence from the company, particularly important for directors given correspondence they might receive from shareholders or investors on confidential matters
- Make better use of a director’s time as, unless requested otherwise, we will filter correspondence received and only forward official correspondence
- Ensure matters are dealt with in a timely fashion when official documents are formally served at our office, we will ensure they are forwarded confidentially without delay
We provide a mail forwarding service, intended to deal with routine Company Registry and Inland Revenue official mail.
A UK PLC must file its financial statements within 6 months of its year-end or face substantial penalties. A UK PLC must file its audited financial statements.
We will email you a reminder of when your Accounts are due for filing at Companies House.
Preparing UK Standard Accounts
By liaising with your accountants we will ensure that your year end accounts comply with UK legislation.
We complete and file your companies annual return showing the list of shareholders and officers.
It is imperative that your year end accounts, annual returns and corporation tax are filed within the time limits prescribed as substantial penalties will be incurred for late or non-filing.
Annual Accounts: if filed late will incur a penalty of £7,500, rising to £15,000 for a subsequent default: we will ensure this never occurs.
Companies House have introduced a doubling of the penalty for any company which files late having also filed late in the previous year. Failure to file accounts is a criminal offence which can result in directors being fined personally in the criminal courts. The UK registrar may also take steps to strike the company off the public record.
Corporation Tax Return: in the absence of a return an assessment will be issued this can be as high as £40,000 and then involves an appeal: we will ensure this never occurs.
Annual Return: the directors can be criminally prosecuted and suffer substantial fines for late or non-filing: we will ensure this never occurs.
Strike Off and Dissolution: failing to file accounts may result in your company being struck off and dissolved: we will ensure this never occurs.
Please see our current list of PLC Ready Made Companies available in the UK and reserve on online now.
Find out more about our PLC Administration Fees.